Link me to how I’m discriminating against white people and what I’m holding back white people from. Show me what white people don’t have access to because I’m telling white people that they have to examine their position of privilege in this country. Show me how “you have to critically examine that you benefit from being white” is the same as doing or benefiting from this
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
I actually changed my mind, I’m adding more
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a GANG SIGN
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Black Detroit woman shot to death while seeking help in white neighborhood after car crash
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
I will fucking wait for the link and bookmark this message. Messages like this are exactly why the fuck white people need to be critical of their positions of privilege… this is disgusting. On what fuck level on what planet is saying “you need to actually stop racism and recognize that you can’t just dodge responsibility for benefiting from privilege” the same as this? Link me. Link me to the negative consequences of white people examining their privilege you disgusting fucking child lol
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.
This is huge. When I do interviews at the job I hate, if people just shrugged when we ask “do you have questions” i pretty much write them off unless they were a bamf with at least two other areas of the interview.
- Slavery didn’t end with the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Martin Luther King Jr. is not a cudgel to be used as a Yes-Man for any reverse racism propagandist.
- Reverse racism does not exist.
- "Post-racial" < ————- miss every last one of us POC with that shit.
- Racism didn’t end with integration, voting, interracial marriage, POC being on tv, POC being in politics, POC being in films
- Colorism is a direct cause of racism.
- Internalized-racism equates only to a POC bearing a racist mentality to their own individual race(s).
- Interracial marriages and relationships are not the cure for racism.
- Biracial/multiracial children are not the cure for racism or colorism.
- Adopting children of color while saying that their race, ethnic designation, and culture don’t factor into who they are and are either unimportant or irrevelant to their existence is not okay.
- Fetishizing POC is not okay.
- Fetishizing POC can go beyond sexual terms:
Touching POC hair or skin without their permission is not okay.
- "I just want to adopt a ton of asian babies!"
- ”Indian people have such ____ eyes I wish I had them!”
- ”I love the way Latin@s speak with their accents.”
- ”Black girls with good hair are what I live for.”
- ”I wish I were [ Black / Asian/ Latin@ / Indian / Native & Indigenous] because then I could BLAH BLAH BLAH or be BLAH BLAH BLAH.”
- There is no such thing as good hair. Stop shitting on women with naturally kinky hair.
- A woman rocking her weave is just as valuable as woman rocking her natural.
- You can still be racist and be married/be in a relationship with/have children with/have a relative or friend who is a POC
- A POC can internalize racism for their own races and perpetuate white eurocentric beauty standards as well as respectability politics
- Respectability politics and tone policing does not prove any point and only further enables racism/bigotry/ and colorism
- Being bullied by a POC does not mean you’ve experienced racism
- POC can not be racist We can be prejudiced. There is a difference between the two. Run to your dictionaries if you want but unless you are a POC and have experienced racism first hand you do not know what it feels like nor do you have a grasp as to the magnitude of it in your everyday lives or just go here for this wonderful slideshow that explains why not in depth: http://wocinsolidarity.tumblr.com/post/53341129027/and-even-a-bonus-slide-for-any-remaining-queries
- Being victims of racial profiling applies only to POC
- The umbrella term POC refers to the multitudes of races and ethnic designations that are not White. That being said the varying groups of people who are Black, Latin@, Asian, Native & Indigenous have their own layers of racial diaspora within them each with differing languages, dialects, cultures, traditions, politics, economic, and racial conflicts and issues. WE ALL SUFFER OPPRESSION BUT NOT ALL OF OUR OPPRESSION IS THE SAME. It may not be the best term to credit each individual race and or ethnic designations but it is the most understood, try though in conversations to be specific.
- Traveling is not the cure for racism
- Transethnicism is never okay.
- Cultural appropriation is never okay.
- Latin@ is an ethnic designation.
- African American Vernacular is a real language with differing dialects depending on the regions a person is in.
- It is up to POC and POC ALONE as to whether or not we choose to reclaim racial slurs used against us as terms of endearment for our own individual race(s)
- POC don’t want apologies on behalf your race. We want you to use your privilege and take action within your communities to help dismantle racist and discriminatory agenda.
- There is no such thing as the race card.
- Starting off sentences about how you aren’t a racist but [insert your unnecessary opinion or thought as a white person] has already condemned you to be one
- POC don’t owe you any justification or answers. There are books in libraries. There is the internet. DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF.
- If POC do take the time to answer your question READ IT. LISTEN TO IT. THEN READ IT OUT LOUD AND LISTEN TO YOURSELF. We have said exactly what we wanted to say, that is the only answer you need from us. Ask another POC if you must but do not keep pushing they same question on them either.
- There is a difference between cultural exchange and cultural appropriation. Learn it.
- I don’t have anything more to say. Let the swarm of unfollowing and inbox hate commence. I’ve said my piece.
*fans self with church bulletin* yall better sit down here and get this Word